Sunday, January 26, 2014

Cut-outs Have Clout but aren't Clouts


So who knew that "clout" could mean so many things? I love rhyming in my titles so imagine my complete and utter glee when I found the following definitions for clout (among other things):

informal a heavy blow with the hand or a hard object a clout on the ear.informal influence or power, esp. in politics or business I knew he carried a lot of clout.archaic a piece of cloth or clothing, esp. one used as a patch.
Hopefully you understand what's going on here now ;). 
Let me say that with this outfit, I was going for some sassy ventilation. But mostly, I just wanted to be Zoe S. as seen below:



 Instead of all denim everything, I opted to make the denim (with cool shoulder cut-outs) the focal point by working with some black shorts, flip-flops and a crocheted purse. To top it off, I threw in a long shimmery (NOT SEQUINED) necklace and of course, toocoolforschool aviators.
Denim is in, which is cool and everything but why not make it your own? Take a risk, have some fun and give the fashion-world a clout ;).

Fondly,The Style Scribe 





No comments:

Post a Comment