Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Color A La Mode



I've tried to be okay without posting to this blog.

*Clears Throat*

I've tried to wear outfits that I find fun and not share them.

It's not working.

Therefore I've decided that it's better for me to post occasionally to relieve my writer's itch (worse than Athlete's Foot y'all—I'm assuming :D ) than to not post at all. While I can't commit to posting weekly, I can commit to posting consistently every now and then. Sound good to you? Awesome sauce.

Also, instead of a sermon about my sabbatical, I'm down to get right back into what we all love discussing— style.  Seeing that it's still summer, vibrant color is definitely a la mode. We all have that cute cyan romper, those canary yellow shorts or that rainbow top that we look for to express our summer love.

But there is an opportunity for color that often, I see go unnoticed....

Wait for it.....

SHOES. Yes shoes. I mean vibrant, loud, kaleidoscopic shoes. Before you seek to run and escape (did she just say kaleidoscopic?), hear me out.

For me, summer is about fun and adventure. What better way to have fun with clothes than to pick out your outfit from the bottom up? I usually pick a particularly colorful pair of shoes (usually some variation of TOMS) and decide on a dress/top that will compliment the footwear.

On the bright day in Valencia pictured here, I went for a coralish crochet dress with a camel belt and purse. The key with the crazy shoes is to stick to only one major bright color up top. We're trying to keep color a la mode, not metamorphose into giant Disney spiral lollipops.  If you're feeling a little less adventurous, you can stick to neutrals up top.

Fondly,
The Style Scribe



No comments:

Post a Comment