Hey Everyone!
I'm back from a mini-hiatus and I'm swinging! I've gotten some suggestions from a number of you guys on how to make the blog better, so look out for some event-specific advice in the coming months!
In this, the first post of the new year I'm keeping it simple. I know, I know.....the first thing you probably think of when you see a beret is a French painter capturing your likeness with the perennial Eiffel Tower in the background.
Well, I would like to inform you that you are terribly mistaken for that assumption seeing that Berets originated with the shepherds of Basque country in northern Spain (take that!).
I really cannot express the depth of my gratitude to those faithful sheep guardians for inventing such an incredibly useful accessory. It's perfect for winter because it keeps your head nice and toasty, and instead of the traditional black, berets now come in a delightful array of colors (and even with embellishment!).
The hat takes this outfit from 0 to 60 in....well really quickly. Pair it with a similarly colored skinny belt and you have yourself a deal!
This is also another verse in the ode to stepping out of the "boring" winter mentality. There is no set time frame for color exploration!
Fondly,
The Style Scribe

No comments:
Post a Comment