Friday, June 3, 2011

Derby in a Hurry



Firstly, I have to thank Caleb Fox for taking this amazing photo. I went to a "Kentucky Derby" themed boat party so you can imagine all the fabulous hats that were on display. I happen to really enjoy hats, but typically, not the huge Derby-worthy kind.

It's also not a good thing when you realize an hour before the party starts that the dressiest hat you have is a fedora— panic time. This is when you learn to make something otherwise unfitting into something fabulous.

 This hat was initially adorned with a long black scarf, but I felt it was a little boring for this type of party. I decided to replace it with something a lot more colorful and summery.  The scarf is 100% silk, and is actually one of my favorites, it's an item that gets quite a bit of mileage in my wardrobe.

So, as you can see, even the Style Scribe doesn't have everything in her closet. But it doesn't matter as long as you learn the meaning of a good ole transformation.

Fondly,
The Style Scribe

No comments:

Post a Comment