Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I don't think you're ready for this jelly!


Yes I just quoted Destiny's Child, I couldn't resist! It's the first thing that came to mind with these fun pinkish jelly shoes. I know, so incredibly 90s....but it's okay!

I think this outfit serves as a reminder that it's okay to just have fun. I'm wearing black, ankle-length tights, a navy, printed, high-wasted skirt with a skinny navy belt and a hot pink shirt to add a kick.  Of course, nothing says fun like Ray B's of the neon variety—they're my main accessory (along with a tiered black necklace).

I have to put a qualifier on having "fun." Fun doesn't mean "go crazy." If I had put any other color on this outfit I would have definitely been pushing it (and not in a good way). Your aim is to add flashes of color without looking like you're a neon-obsessed fiend from Rush Week ( please refer to our color guide friend from a few posts back). 

Just remember that as with anything else, it's all about balance.

Fondly,
The Style Scribe

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice !

Post a Comment